Press release: Good Old Days by Vilnes
Good Old Day tells us something about how everything in our childhood feels easier and more enjoyable. The lyrics are reminiscing about one’s past. V I L N E S has chosen to wrap the significance of the lyrics up in a feel-good laid back pop-vibe. This is catchy indie pop suitable for airplay and playlists for indie pop and indie rock. Very great for that morning coffee mood.
V I L N E S is in his twenties. An even younger Vilnes enjoyed some recognition with earlier bands. One morning he got a phone call from a major Norwegian festival telling him that they just had to play at the festival. After the conversation Vilnes enjoyed his morning coffee and life in general. But he could not escape the idea of “having to play”. Do I have to do this and that? Anyway, he keeps his guitar within reach, and before he even knew it a new song was popping into his mind. Eager to know if other could like it, he brought his guitar and entered the streets of Bergen to present his new song to anyone passing by who might enjoy a new song. They did, and Vilnes is still writing new songs all the time in his free spirited way, but nowadays the phone calls are answered by his manager!
Background and releases
Good Old Days by Vilnes is listed on regional radio stations in Norway. The liveband will have their first gig at the showcase festival Blest 18. januar 2019.
V I L N E S first song ‘Demons’ was selected as one of the best songs of 2018 by Radio Wigwam (UK). According to Nordic Music Review (UK) “this really is 2 minutes 40 seconds of indie pop genius”. The Norwegian singer’s first song was also listed on a major Norwegian regional DAB radio station (OR).
- Music: Spotify | Apple Music | Tidal |Soundcloud
- Social media: Twitter: @vilnes_official | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
- Download: MP3 (for broadcast, take contact): | Vilnes EPK | Cover art
Label: Lekrofon. Distribution The Orchard ISRC: NOHFB1811010 Available on all major music services.
Produced by Jon-Anders Orlien. Written by Eivind Vilnes
- Playlisted on Norwegian Radio Stations Ordentlig Radio and RAdio 102. DAB/FM/Internet
- Presented on the legendary Radio Caroline (UK), heavy rotation on Radio – WIGWAM (UK)
- Awards from Emergenza and Bandwagon with former bands
- Promotion by Singstad Music (Norwegian Grammy with MK’s Marvellous Medicine)
- Distribution by Phonofile/the Orchard
Music Genre: Indie Pop, Indie Rock
Similar bands: Shawn James, Jamie Lidell, Nick Waterhouse, Eric Hutchinson, Train
Instruments: Vocals, Guitars, Keyboards, Sax, Bass and Drums