V I L N E S is the artist name of the Norwegian indie pop artist Eivind Vilnes. He is an amazing singer and songwriter. There is always something inescapable catchy to his songs, and his performance as a singer, and his stage presence is overwhelming. His first release was the single Demons, and he was soon called an “indie pop genius” by an english blog. The single Play With Me was presented on the New Music Friday Norway by the Spotify editorial team and selected as the single of the week by NPS. The single Story Unsaid was listed by NRK P1. (National Broadcaster of Norway). In October 2019 he was awarded Best Male Artist of 2019 by Radio Wigwam (UK). VILNES EP was released in December 2019. His first album will be available in 2020.
Eivind Vilnes is top class singer and songwriter. His talent was apparent at an early age. He won contests and refined his craft by studying music. He gained even more prizes with the different band he joined, but it was not until he decided to go solo the world took notice of this extremely talented singer and his amazing songs.
Vilnes soon discovered that the finest musicians wanted to join him in his new ambition! One of them was the drummer Felix Rudi, already a Norwegian Grammy winner. He brought on his former manager Gaute Singstad to promote Vilnes and his magic band.
Vilnes and the magic band is a six piece orchestra of highly skilled and dedicated musicians, ready to play the amazing music created by Eivind Vilnes.
Eivind Vilnes was born and raised on the small island of Atløy in the fjords of Norway. He and the band is living in Bergen, the musical capital of Norway.
Vilnes in concert
Vilnes is a performer with great stage presence! His voice and singing is truly amazing, and his catalog of great songs keeps the audience under his spell! Vilnes in concert is a great experience, regardless of the size of his band, or if he plays alone.
Vilnes has performed at Bergenfest, Øyafestivalens Klubbdag, Bergen Live Sessions and showcase festivals like Vill Vill Vest, Blest and 100 Dagar. Vilnes first gig at Underlig in Bergen was almost sold out!
Reviews and awards
Best Male Artist for 2019 by Radio Wigwam.
- Best Newcomer, Luttprisen 2020
His first self-released single ’ Demons’ was released in late October 2018. ‘This really is 2 minutes 40 seconds of indie pop genius’ is a quote from a review by Nordic Music Review (UK). Further three songs, and finally the VILNES EP was released by Lekrofon in the first half of 2019. Nice reviews and mentions keep coming!
Quotes from reviews:
- Irresistible, catchy and uplifting , Phonograph Me (Portuguese)
- Norwegian frontman channels the wistful folk aesthetic of Fleet Foxes, Mystic Sons (UK)
- …a delightful slice of indie, Unheard Indie (Podcast Sondcloud | Google | Spotify )
- I want to hear more from Vilnes! (Hilde Zahl, NRK P1)
- Vilnes creates indie pop magic! (NPS, NO, Norwegian)
- We all hereby formally request a full album (Nordic Music Review, UK)
- Yet again we have to look to Norway for a new name appearing in the heaven of pop music (Popmuzik.se, Sweden)
- ..we ask ourselves “Why is this single so good?” (Comeherefloyd, UK)
- Play With Me is a irresistibly catchy song. The mood is uplifting and inviting. (Hot Lunch Music, USA)
- The organic nature of this release adds immensely to its strength and appeal. (Stereo Stickman, UK)
- This really is 2 minutes 40 seconds of indie pop genius. – Nordic Music Review (UK)
- Regardless of your previous mood, Good Old Days by V I L N E S will make you happy. –Studentradioen I Bergen
- Vilnes shows a striking talent for pop music, (Bergens Tidende, Norwegian)
His superior songwriting and performance gave him awards at both the Bandwagon and Emergenza showcase festivals.
Vilnes tour dates
- Press release Vilnes EP
- Press release Story Unsaid
- Press release Play Wih Me
- Press release Good Old Days
- Press release Demons
This is Vilnes performing his song Back To The Start with only vocals and piano.
- Eivind Vilnes, Lead vocal, guitar and piano
- Einaras Baltrimas, Saxophone
- Stian Brungot, Bass
- Felix N Rudi, Drums
- Ella Hélen Bukkøy, Backing vocal and fiddle
- Miriam Tumyr, Backing vocal